Friday, December 28, 2012

Top 5 Books I Read in 2012

Since it almost the end of 2012, I thought it would be a good idea to list my favorite books I read this year. Not all of these books came out in 2012, I just read them this year. Drum roll, please... Here are the winners!

5. Uncommon Criminals, by Ally Carter (Heist Society #2)
Uncommon Criminals (Heist Society, #2)
Teen thieves? Lots of action? An Egyptian curse? Romance? How could you not love this book?
I was constantly on the edge my seat while reading this, and there was so much twists in the plot, my mind couldn't keep up with it. I have to admit that I am very jealous of the main character, Katarina Bishop. After I finished this book, I had the strange urge to become a teen thief.
Opal (Lux, #3)
I have always been a fan of JLA. She definitely knows how to make us girls swoon. Personally, I think Opal was better than Onyx. And that ending! Ugh.. that huge cliffhanger killed me.

3. Tiger's Destiny, by Colleen Houck (The Tiger Saga #4)
Tiger's Destiny (The Tiger Saga, #4)
This book is the fourth in the Tiger Saga. It's probably the book that I was most eagerly anticipating. Basically, there are two Indian princes, falling for the same girl, and are both cursed into becoming tigers. Need I say more?

The Book Thief
Oh, God. This book was so... beautiful. It fills my eyes with tears, it tears my heart into a million pieces, it gives me goosebumps. I cared deeply for all the characters and the writing was exquisite. The Book Thief taught me about the horrors of living a life of war and constant fear.

Days of Blood & Starlight (Daughter of Smoke and Bone, #2)
After finishing Daughter of Smoke and Bone, I needed this book. I needed it as much as a fish needs water; that's the extent of need I was feeling. And this book did not disappoint. The writing is still perfect, but it got much more depressing. Laini is a master storyteller, no doubt about that.

What was your favorite book in 2012? Comment!
    

2 comments:

  1. The Book Thief! That one is number 2 on my top of 2012 list as well! Great choice :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Thats so cool! After I finished this book, I could not stop crying, I used a whole box of tissues. Markus Zusak just has a way with words... he is so talented.
      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete