Sunday, March 3, 2013

Liebster Blog Award


The rules of the Liebster Award are as follows:

1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and link back to the blogger who presented this award to you;

2. Answer the 11 questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself and create 11 questions for your nominees;

3. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen. (No tag backs)

4. Copy and Paste the blog award on your blog.

Some Random Facts:

1. It has always been my dream to have a British/Australian accent.
2. My name, Summer, actually means "evening conversation" in Arabic.
3. I have a Harry Potter scar on my forehead.
4. I strongly believe sarcasm is a vital component of my daily life.
5. Ironically, my favorite season is winter.
6. I love chocolate and Mexican food.
7. I get distracted very easily and can't stay in one spot for a long time (exception: reading). As I wrote this post, I have gotten up at least 10 times, for very random reasons.
8. When I'm bored, I find it entertaining to start lip-syncing my favorite songs (even in public...)
9. Even if its obvious that I am losing in an argument, I still like to continue with it, just for the fun of it.
10. I hate being confined to schedules and don't like everyday activities.
11. Obviously, I love reading, but when forced to read a book for school, it is near impossible for me to enjoy it.

A million thanks to Laetitia from My Flurried Thoughts for nominating for this award!

Questions from the Nominator
What is your favourite book of all time and why?
My favorite book is always changing. Currently, my favorite book is The Book Thief by Markus Zusak.

Would you go to your favourite place in the world alone or stay at home with your best friends?
Stay at home. I don't think I would be able to go somewhere alone, or else it would be extremely boring.

What books can you see getting made into movies?
- Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
- Legend by Marie Lu
- Entwined (I want to see all the dancing!)
- Across the Universe
- Darkest Minds

Who are your top three book boyfriends?
Ren from the Tiger Saga, Daemon from Lux series, and Percy Jackson.

If you were to write a book what would be your main characters' names?
I love those exotic-sounding names, like a Spanish or Arabic name. Maybe Anatalya, Isabella, or Amira.

Print or eBook?
It is much easier for me to get an ebook, but I prefer print.

What's your favourite passtime apart from reading and reviewing?
Eating! And sleeping. Since those can't be considered "pastimes", I like writing stories, playing soccer, and debating.

Samsung Galaxy or Iphone 5?
I don't know, I guess Iphone 5, but just because it isn't as large (as in size) as the Samsung Galaxy. That's a pretty lame reason, but to tell you the truth, I think the only difference is their size.

What got you into blogging?
On Goodreads, pretty much EVERYONE has a blog. So I was like, "Hey, if they can do it, then I probably can." And since I don't know anyone that actually cares about books in real life, I decided to turn to the Internet.

What book character can you relate to?
Kat from Heist Society, and Meghan from the Iron King. Both of them are very stubborn, and like to take matters into their own hands, which is exactly how I am.

Oreos in milk: To dip or not to dip?
Dip!


Katharina from The Word Ship also nominated me for an award. Thank you so much!

Questions from the Nominator:

When did you first start blogging and what motivated you to do so?
I first started blogging 3 months ago, so I am a newbie. I became motivated when I saw all these book blogs, and the bloggers looked like they had a lot of fun with it.

How is your book shelf organized?
Organized? I don't really bother to organize it, as all my books are scattered throughout my room.

Chain bookstore, indie bookstore, online or thrift store: where do you buy your books?
Mostly, I go to Barnes and Noble to buy my books.

Do you write in/highlight your books or do you keep them clean?
It depends. If the book is really old, I probably would highlight my favorite quotes. But if it is new, I like to keep it clean.

Which do you consider the best read from your high school English classes?
We just finished reading the Alchemist in school, and I loved it. It was just so full of wisdom, and it made me feel like I can do whatever the heck I want to if I put my mind to it.

Do you own an e-reader?
Yes, I have a Nook Color, which I got 2 years ago. Without it, I most likely wouldn't have the obsession of books I currently have.

Judge a book by its cover: yes or no?
I am kind of ashamed of this, but yes, I do. I cannot count how many times I became totally psyched up about a book just because of how awesome the cover looks, then being disappointed. And vice versa.

What is your favourite genre of books?
I am crazy for YA historical fiction (like Grave Mercy). I also love anything with mythology or anything paranormal. 

Do you ever skip ahead when reading (e.g. read the last page or sentence of a book)?
I always am tempted to do this, but mostly, I stop myself from doing this. However, the few times that I do do this, it usually means I am super excited to see what happens.

What do you use as a bookmark?
I bought this cute little bookmark from a Turkish festival, which I always use. When I am reading more than one book at a time, I use receipts or pretty much anything I find on my bedroom floor.

Is there a book everyone should read at least once in their lifetime? If so, which one?
The Giver is a spectacular book. If you haven't read it, you should at least once.

AND Rashika from Rashika the Book Owl nominated me as well. I feel so honored...

Questions from the Nominator: 

Why do you blog?
I blog because I want to share my opinion of books with other book-bloggers, and I enjoy interacting with them.

What’s your favorite ice cream flavor?
Cookies and Cream and strawberry.

If you could have 3 wishes what would they be?
- To have one of those huge libraries in my house that have all of the books in the world, like you see in movies.
- To travel the world (preferably to Turkey, Morocco, Spain, and Italy.)
- Have a British accent.

Star Trek or Star Wars? (I’ve always wanted to ask that question)
I have never watched Star Trek, but I am obsessed with Star Wars. George Lucas is just a genius. 

What’s your favorite day dream?
Usually, I imagine myself as the main character in a book I really like. I daydream about what it would be like to live in a paranormal world.

What’s your pet peeve?
When people chew loud or walk slow. Gets on my nerves.

What’s your favorite book and why?
The Book Thief. It is so emotional and deep.

If you had a million dollars what would you do?
Build an amusement park in Africa. And also has free admission! (I don't think a million dollars will cover all the costs, but whatevs...) 

If you could, would you travel to the past to fix mistakes or travel to the future to prevent ones that could be made?
Actually, I believe that everything happens for a reason, so I would not want to alter the past or future.

Do you think it’s possible to hate someone?
That is possible. In the fifteen years that I have existed, I haven't really disliked someone to the point of hating them, but I really do think that it is possible. 

What are three words you would use to describe yourself
Emotional, stubborn, adventurous. 

I Nominate:
Jessica from Read My Breath Away
Anastasia from Another World of Books
Georgia from Book Nerd
Halee from Confessions of a Book Addict
Luoqi Immerse in a World of Fiction
Patricia from Night Readings
Kezia from Pansycake Reader
Roberta from Offbeat YA
Maggie from Raindrop Reads
Gaby from Queen Ella Bee Reads
Tara from The Library Haunt

Question for my Nominees:

1. Is there a particular book blog that motivated you to start your own blog?
2. What’s your favorite jelly bean flavor?
3. If you could have 3 wishes what would they be?
4. What’s your favorite day dream?
5. What’s your pet peeve?
6. What’s your favorite book and why?
7. If you had a million dollars what would you do?
8. Science Fiction or Romance?
9. Who are your top 3 book boyfriends?
10. What are three words you would use to describe yourself?
11. Favorite book read in high school English class?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Summer,
    thank you so much for nominating me...but I have to decline your nominee because of the reasons stated in this post. As you will see for yourself, I did provide a link to your blog though. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But I nominated you too & you haven't answered?... Don't you remember?
    http://spreadingukya2013.blogspot.com/2013/01/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete