Thursday, January 2, 2014

2014 Bookish Goals!


You know, I'm actually quite proud of myself. I've completed my 2013 goal of reading 100 books, and even went over that to read 130 books. Normally, I'm not a huge fan of making a list of my goals, mostly because I don't want to feel pressured to do them, but I think this will help my blog improve over the next year (hopefully). So, here are my bookish goals in bullet point form for the year of 2014!


  • Read 135 books. (I don't know, that may go up to 150)
  • Have a better balance of reading, blogging, and school. Being the n00b I was, I usually found myself reading too much and blogging too little, and vice versa. I think I'm beginning to master how to balance the two, all in the midst of keeping my grades up, and I really hope I get better at doing this.
  • Get more followers, comments, ect. I'm actually not that worried about this one, because I don't want to stress over something as superficial as this. But it would be great for my stats to increase! 
  • Write more book reviews, and in a more timely manner. Okay, so I have this really bad habit. I tend to procrastinate on writing reviews. When it comes to ARCs, this is a horrible habit because publishers expect reviews at a certain time, and it's a bit embarrassing if I submit my review 1+ month after the publication date.
  • Start a new feature! I actually have a feature in mind that can be summarized in one word: snark. The idea came to me just last night, and after brainstorming, I think I should go with it! I highly doubt it'll be a weekly thing, though.
  • Post at least 10 times a month. I don't know if this is entirely attainable when I take school into account, but I'll try my utmost hardest.
  • Comment on more blogs. There are a ton of blogs out there that I love, but I don't really have the time to comment regularly on all of them. I know, I suck. But this year, I will make time.
And obviously, my main goal this year is to have fun blogging, and meet a lot of other book bloggers. :D

2 comments:

  1. My goals for the year are pretty much the same! Especially balancing everything and trying to get to know other book bloggers. Good luck and I hope you reach them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and I hope you reach your's as well! ^_^

      Delete