Friday, August 19, 2016

what I've been up to (not much, to be honest)

It's been *squints at computer screen* two months since I've posted on here--despite being on summer vacation since May, I still haven't gotten back the motivation to consistently post on here. Well, to all three of my blog viewers who are interested, I figured I'd do a "what I've been doing lately" blog post, because why the heck not.


School Stuff
FIRSTLY, I'll be starting college in about two weeks (read in your best fake enthusiastic tone) so yay for that I guess? I'm not very excited in all honesty; I'm mostly dreading the end of summer vacation and my very ideal sleeping schedule. RIP to my late mornings.

As for what I'm majoring in? I registered as an English major but that's bound to change--to what, I'm not sure.

(As you can tell I am very optimistic for my first year of college.)

What I've Been Reading
I actually read more than I thought I would this summer vacation, when taking my never-ending reading slump into consideration. Also, I'm two books ahead of schedule for my Goodreads challenge, and that is cause for celebration.

Six of Crows by Leigh BardugoMy Lady Jane by Cynthia HandMade You Up by Francesca ZappiaThe Star-Touched Queen by Roshani ChokshiPrincess of Thorns by Stacey JayOrange 5 by Ichigo TakanoSalt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys

Reviews for these books to hopefully come soon. I'm glad to say that I've only read one book that I ended up hating this summer (if you're curious, it's Golden by Jessi Kirby, and because I love hating on stuff, I may just end up giving that mess a proper review.) I recently finished reading Six of Crows, and, unsurprisingly, it was splendid. Much better than I remember the Grisha trilogy being. Can Kaz please marry me

 What I've Been Watching


Most of my time this summer has been wasted watching anime. More specifically, watching one of the most famous animes of all time, Naruto. I'm currently in the middle of Shippuden, and boy, I don't regret binge-ing this series one bit, despite it being so dreadfully l o n g. I'm surprised I actually made it this far, considering my embarrassingly short attention span.

And that's how my summer vacation's been going. I really hope I'm on here more often now, because I miss posting my sometimes nonsensical ramblings. (Reading over this post I've realized that half of what I've said is in parenthesis. I'm not quite sure why, and if I've always had this rather annoying writing habit, why hasn't anyone pointed it out yet.)

No comments:

Post a Comment